No more lines at the DMV
Information provided by Douglas County
The Douglas County Motor Vehicle (DCMV) offices are currently offering online, phone and paperwork drop boxes for motor vehicle transactions like license renewals, registrations, titles, plates, permits, disability placards, identification cards and driving records.
Follow these three steps to complete your motor vehicle transaction:
STEP 1: Select one of the following customer service options:
- Online customer service: https://mydmv.colorado.gov/
- Kiosks: https://www.douglas.co.us/motorvehicle/motor-vehicle/renewing-license-plates/#kioskrenew
- Customer service by mail: 9350 Heritage Hills Circle, Lone Tree
- Customer service by email: DCMV@douglas.co.us
- Customer service by phone: 303-660-7440
STEP 2: If your transaction cannot be completed online, at a kiosk or by mail, drop off your necessary paperwork in a designated drop box.
Drop off is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at:
- Lone Tree Motor Vehicle office, 9350 Heritage Hills Circle, Lone Tree
- Castle Rock Motor Vehicle office, 301 Wilcox Street, Castle Rock (west entrance)
Drop off is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. at:
- Highlands Ranch Motor Vehicle office, 2223 Wildcat Reserve Parkway Highlands Ranch
STEP 3: The DCMV office will contact you after your paperwork is evaluated to gather additional information, collect payment or schedule an in-person appointment if necessary.
More than 61 county services are available from a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop. For more information, visit https://www.douglas.co.us/online-services/.